Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ISP says Im sending out spam. Help!!

My account was blocked over the weekend. I called isp and I was told that I was sending out spam. Please Help!!

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 1:41 PM

5 replies

Jun 30, 2015 1:59 PM in response to garyfromreidsville

Log in to your ISP mail account on the website and check for unauthorized activity. If you find any, change the password. It should be a random string of at least 10 upper- and lower-case letters and numbers. Any password that you can remember is too easy to guess. It should be stored in your keychain and filled in automatically when needed.

If there are security questions on the account, the answers should also be random strings—not the name of your dog or anything like that—and make sure you don't lose them. Never use the same password or security answers for more than one account.

Otherwise, are there any Windows or Android devices on your network? How is your Wi-Fi network secured? If you don't know, hold down the option key and pull down the Wi-Fi icon in the menu bar. You should see this:

Security: WPA2 Personal (or Enterprise)

If you see anything else on the Security line, the network is wide open and anyone could be using it.

ISP says Im sending out spam. Help!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.