Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wikiservice unter Mountain Lion 10.8 and Server 2.2 not working

Hello,

we experience the following problems with a OS X Server Mountain Lion (patched to latest versions). The client reported to us that the wiki-service stopped working and after investigating we are stuck with the following situation:

- Browsing the log-files I have one last entry weeks ago saying that the postgres database for server services shut down. After restarting and manually trying to start up the postgres_server database absolutely nothing happens, not a single entry gets written to the log.

- We tried moving the server.app to the trash and restoring it afterwards -> no difference whatsoever.

Does anyone have any idea what we should do? Complete reinstall of the system or just re-installing the server.app? Any ideas appreciated.

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 2:18 PM

1 reply

Jul 2, 2015 2:33 AM in response to Alexander Harm

I obtained some more information. When trying to startup Postgres manually via serveradmin I receive the following error:

sudo serveradmin start postgres_server

postgres_server:error = "CANNOT_START_SERVICE_TIMEOUT_ERR"

sudo serveradmin fullstatus postgres_server

postgres_server:dataDirHasBeenInitialized = yes

postgres_server:PG_VERSION = "9.2.4"

postgres_server:dataDir = "/Volumes/Server/Library/Server/PostgreSQL For Server Services/Data"

postgres_server:postgresIsResponding = no

postgres_server:dataDirIsDirectory = yes

postgres_server:PGserverVersion = 0

postgres_server:dataDirExists = yes

postgres_server:setStateVersion = 1

postgres_server:state = "RUNNING"

I have no entries in /Library/Logs/PostgreSQL/PostgreSQL_Server_Services.log even if I increase log level to 5.

Wikiservice unter Mountain Lion 10.8 and Server 2.2 not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.