Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pixel size

The pixel size of many of my pictures in Aperture have been reduced to 640x480 (.3MP). They were originally 3072x2304 (7.1MP). I don't know how this happened and I can't get the originals back.

Mac mini Server (Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 2:40 PM

8 replies

Jun 30, 2015 2:47 PM in response to Shutter Speed

The pixel size of many of my pictures in Aperture have been reduced to 640x480 (.3MP)

I don't know how this happened and I can't get the originals back.

Where are you seeing the pixel size of the photos in Aperture? In Aperture's Info panel or when you export the photos from Aperture?

What happened before this problem first occurred? Did you migrate your Aperture library to a new drive? Restore it from a backup?

Install any new software? Did you run any duplicate remover software?

Jul 1, 2015 6:33 AM in response to Shutter Speed

A time Machine backup should be fine, as long as you restore by launching Time Machine and do not simply copy from the Time Machine drive.

BUt you could try the vault as well. if you simply change the file name extension of the vault from .apvault to .aplibrary you should be able to open the vault in Aperture and check if it works.

Pixel size

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.