Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my visa gift card say I spent $27.00 on ITunes when I only spent $4.00?

OK so I bought a Visa vanilla Giftcard, and it had $30. a few days ago, I spent about $4.00 on ITunes , and nothing else. Today, when I went to buy something on another website, it declined my giftcard, so naturally, i go to Visa website to check the card balance. Low and behold, under the "purchases" tab, it says I've spent $27.00 on Apple ITunes. I'm clueless as to why this would be. does anyone else have similar problems/experience? Any solutions or explanations?

iPad Air, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 3:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 11:06 PM

Have you checked your account's purchase history : See your purchase history in the iTunes Store - Apple Support ?

And did you have problems adding it to your account ? Each time that you add/change your card details a temporary store holding store holding charge may be applied : About payment card authorization holds in the iTunes Store - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2015 11:06 PM in response to _grey_77

Have you checked your account's purchase history : See your purchase history in the iTunes Store - Apple Support ?

And did you have problems adding it to your account ? Each time that you add/change your card details a temporary store holding store holding charge may be applied : About payment card authorization holds in the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Jul 1, 2015 7:37 AM in response to King_Penguin

I Checked my account purchase history and it says I've only bought one thing in the past month for about $4.00. Above the purchase history it says I owe $1.05 for an unfulfilled in app purchase which I made. this is a little odd since there was more than $20.00 on the gift card yet it says I owe $1.05. Also now every time I try to use the card anywhere it says the card info was declined. has ITuses/Apple suspended my card Info until I pay what I owe? And I never saw any purchases for $27.00 which makes me even more suspicious

Jul 1, 2015 7:41 AM in response to _grey_77

We are fellow users, but prepaid cards tend not to be accepted by iTunes, part of the validation for cards is that they are registered to the same name and address as on your iTunes account. Do you have a proper credit card that you could use, or iTunes gift cards ? Until what you owe is paid you won't be able to download anything else on the account, including redownloading past purchases, updates to apps, and free items.

For the $27, have you used the card elsewhere ? Or they could be temporary holding charges.

Why does my visa gift card say I spent $27.00 on ITunes when I only spent $4.00?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.