Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't update to Official 8.4 from Beta 8.4

I've been trying all day but on the Software Update screen, it's stuck on "Estimating time remaining...". I've tried to restart my phone several times, even trying to restore it but itunes won't let me. I have a 16G iPhone 6 with 5G of storage left as well.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 3:14 PM

10 replies

Jun 30, 2015 10:24 PM in response to Oliternal

I had a similar issue, my iPhone wouldn't update OTA (though my iPad Mini 2 did updated OTA just fine from the beta 2), got stuck on the requesting update step... Never progressed to downloading. Then I couldn't do a normal restore in iTunes as it kept on saying it couldn't be downloaded that it couldn't find the resources (something along that nature).

I ended up finding a direct link to the 8.4 firmware on Apple's servers (Google and you shall receive, I'm pretty sure some external links aren't allowed on these forums). Used the Option + Click Restore (hold down option while clicking restore) to restore the iPhone. I'm in the process of doing that now... It's restoring, hopefully it finishes.

EDIT: it restored successfully. Now it's restoring my backup 🙂

Jul 1, 2015 8:49 PM in response to Oliternal

Glad it worked 🙂 As for Apple Music, it's actually pretty good overall. Offers the same feature set as many alternatives, but also has a better UI. The only issues I've ran into is downloads failing for offline downloading. This is most likely on my ISP's side (they like to do stuff to my internet) and less likely on Apple's side (but a possibility).

Can't update to Official 8.4 from Beta 8.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.