Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.4 Some music missing.

Hi all,

I have updated my iPhone 6 to iOS 8.4, subscribed to Apple Music 3 months trial and noticed that many songs in my music library are missing. For example, I had 6 eminem albums bought but now it only shows 4 songs. When I go to bought songs in iTunes app, it shows that the songs are already downloaded to my device. My iCloud library in music settings is turned on and is on "merge". It is really annoying because I cannot play music i want and i cannot make it available offline either. Maybe it is just Apple Music bug because I noticed that I cannot stream explicit songs for some reason and most songs in my library are explicit. If anyone had the same issue and resolved it, help would be really appreciated.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 3:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 4:30 PM

Hi iswoo9,

I've had the same issue and solved it by changing the allowed content's settings for the music from clean to explicit. To do that you have to go under general > restrictions > enable restriction and then you'll be able to change the allowed content

Your explicit songs should then be back in your library 😉

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2015 4:30 PM in response to iswoo9

Hi iswoo9,

I've had the same issue and solved it by changing the allowed content's settings for the music from clean to explicit. To do that you have to go under general > restrictions > enable restriction and then you'll be able to change the allowed content

Your explicit songs should then be back in your library 😉

iOS 8.4 Some music missing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.