Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hot Macbook

I've had my Macbook for a week now. Tonight I've been on the internet browsing for less than an hour and it's scorching hot underneath. I can't keep it on my lap it's so hot. I'm aware that there should be some heat given the lack of fans but it's so hot it almost burns when you touch it. That can't be normal can it? I'm tempted to return it tomorrow as I'm going away for a few weeks and will miss the 14 day return deadline if I don't do it before that.

MacBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 4:20 PM

1 reply

Jul 2, 2015 2:00 PM in response to Dru7x

Hi, Dru7x.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand you have concerns with the temperature of your MacBook while in use. This can be normal behavior if there is not adequate air circulation under and around the computer. Here are a couple resources that I would take a look at as they provide solutions for this concern.

Mac notebooks: Operating temperature

Learn about the fans in your Mac

If you still have concerns regarding the temperature of your MacBook, I would recommend reaching out to us via the link below for further assistance.

Contact Apple for support and service

Cheers,

Jason H.

Hot Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.