Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts duplicated on device but not in iTunes Windows

Since the latest iOS update I notice that if I accidentally swipe down in the main podcast list on my iPhone it will attempt to re-download every single podcast I've ever been subscribed to, creating new podcast entries in the list even for podcasts that currently exist on the device. It even attempts to download current episodes for podcasts I haven't been subscribed to in years.

This happens every time I swipe down, so I end up with multiple entries for a single podcast -- at one point I had four separate entries for NPR's "Fresh Air", each of which contained the same set of episodes.. On the iTunes "On This Device" screen the extraneous entries are not present, this occurs only on the device.

This does not happen if I'm careful not to swipe down on the podcast list on the iPhone, and depend solely on syncing with iTunes Windows to get new content on the iPhone.

It appears that the "refresh" function on the iPhone Podcast app is unaware of anything currently on the device, and just re-downloads everything, every time.

Is it possible to completely disable WiFi syncing of podcasts to work around this until Apple fixes the problem?

If not, can someone at least confirm this is a known bug?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 2:52 PM

There are no replies.

Podcasts duplicated on device but not in iTunes Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.