Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting purchased music off iPad mini

I just downloaded iOS 8.4 to my phone and iPad. Now all of a sudden approximately 1100 songs are showing on my iPad.(I do not keep any music on it) The music plays normally and there are no cloud icons, so the music appears to be actually on my iPad. I cannot swipe to the left to delete. I went into settings and turned off "show Apple music". I thought I remembered a "show all music" tab before, but it is not there anymore.I do not have iTunes Match. I did not sign up for Apple Music, and have no plans to at this time. I plugged it into my computer, and according to my library, I am not synced to music. Any ideas? I really do not want music on my iPad.

Thanks!

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 3:19 PM

5 replies

Jun 30, 2015 5:05 PM in response to BeachNanny

Try this. Launch the Music App and tap the heading at the top center of the app to bring up the list of view options. Make sure that Show iTunes Purchases is off - the button should be white.

User uploaded file

Thats what I get for trying to post a screenshot. A day late an a dollar short. 😁. Glad you figured it out.

Deleting purchased music off iPad mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.