Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera not connected error.

Hi, My MID 2012 Macbook pro A1278 Always shows "camera Not connected" when ever i try t use face time or any app related to camera. I tried to reset SMC, NVRAM but nothing helped. Also i couldnt able to find a camera in system report But my camera was working well earlier and this problem comes only after updating to latest OS X.

Please help me to get resolved.

Many thanks...

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 4:16 PM

3 replies

Jun 30, 2015 5:21 PM in response to miracle manoj

miracle manoj wrote:

Hi, My MID 2012 Macbook pro A1278 Always shows "camera Not connected" when ever i try t use face time or any app related to camera. I tried to reset SMC, NVRAM but nothing helped. Also i couldnt able to find a camera in system report But my camera was working well earlier and this problem comes only after updating to latest OS X.

Please help me to get resolved.

Many thanks...

To fix your iSight, shut down computer. Reboot in safe mode (press power button and then hold shift key down). After computer boots, restart again. Hopefully, your iSight will start working again.

CLICKY CLICK---> Fixing “There is no connected camera” Error with a Mac FaceTime Camera (iSight)

If the above does not work, you will have no alternative but to take your MBP to your local Apple Store or an APSP (Apple Premium Service Provider). Diagnostic testing is FREE!

User uploaded file

Camera not connected error.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.