Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imac 5k retina FUSION vs FLASH [flash seems very broken]

i just bought a new iMac 5k retina. was told the FUSION 8gb ram storage would be fine for music. it was not. there was audio drop outs when handling large audio files and multiple plung-ins. wasn't acceptable.

so i switched to a SSD with 16GB ram. now i have issues with all my audio software not installing correctly, and i have graphical lag. my level monitors in logic LAG bad. they take about 5 sec to appear when audio starts to play and will sit on screen for about three seconds after it stops.

i thought the SSD was supposed to be more efficient with audio...could i have a dud machine. i spent all day reinstalling everything only to have nothing work as well as it did on the FUSION setup [its only issue was audio drops out. as I'm doing music thats bad]. but worse is nothing really working very well.

please someone help or enlighten

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), trying to get Logic werking again :

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 5:08 PM

5 replies

Jun 30, 2015 11:00 PM in response to traddcliff

so i got rid of my mac wireless mouse and keyboard, when back to wired keyboard and usb wireless mouse.

went to turn off bluetooth to see if that might help [which it did, no more logic monitoring lag], but also noticed that while bluetooth was on there were two more computers in my building trying to pair to my machine.

so shutting off bluetooth seems to have helped for now.

EDIT: thats not it. when i highlight the track I'm working with and turn on monitoring, once its has been highlighted....the monitoring lag returns.

also noticing opening windows....all the contents will be scaled up HUGE for a split second, then scale back down to normal.
there is something going on in the background i don't know about

imac 5k retina FUSION vs FLASH [flash seems very broken]

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.