Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my iPhone show up on wifi?

The USB ports on my Macbook pro don't work right so I can't sync using that. My iphone used to show up using wifi so it wasn't an issue. It won't show up now, and both my iTunes and iPhone are fully updated to the newest software. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Connecting to iPhone 5 ios 8.4

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 4:24 PM

1 reply

Jun 30, 2015 8:19 PM in response to tk1235

This has been a problem for me for a long time. Usually I have to turn off Wi-Fi on my Macbook Air and my iPhone and then turn them both on.

If that doesn't work a soft reset of my iPhone sometimes fixes it (hold the power button and the home button for several seconds until the background turns white).

If they still won't connect, a reboot of the Macbook Air is next.

If that still doesn't work, turn Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi off, sync, turn Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi on, and sync one more time.

If that still doesn't work, I power both the Macbook Air and the iPhone off and then start the Macbook Air first.

Usually somewhere along the above steps, my iPhone reappears in iTunes over Wi-Fi for a few days until the whole annoying process needs to be done again.

Good luck!

Why won't my iPhone show up on wifi?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.