Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can receive text messages from a Sprint Galaxy phone, but when I reply to the text I get this reply: "Error Invalid Number. Please re-send using a valid 10 digit mobile number or valid short code". HELP!!!

For some reason my iPhone 6 plus can receive text messages from a Sprint Galaxy phone, but when I try to reply to the text I get this error message "Error Invalid Number. Please re-send using a valid 10 digit mobile number or valid short code". I called At&t and found a work around, which is to use brackets [ , ] , instead of the area code parentheses. BUT this then causes the message thread to appear in two separate boxes on my messages app. Ive never had this problem before and have always been able to text people with sprint phones. Ive tried resetting my phone, deleting the contact and re-saving it.. everything!! How can this be fixed???

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4, At&t carrier

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 4:22 PM

9 replies

Jul 1, 2015 10:04 AM in response to modular747

Deleted the contact and all the messages, then re-entered the number without the parentheses = still the same issue.

Deleted the contact again and all the messages, re-entered the number with parentheses (just for good measure) = still the same issue.

When I receive texts from the number, the number comes up with parentheses. I am able to call the number with no issues. The person who has the Sprint Galaxy phone has done nothing new to their phone or changed anything with the carrier.

I can receive text messages from a Sprint Galaxy phone, but when I reply to the text I get this reply: "Error Invalid Number. Please re-send using a valid 10 digit mobile number or valid short code". HELP!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.