Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sound problems

the only sound on my iphone4 that is working is my ringtone,no videos or text tone anything i download has no sound i have tried system reset from itunes and all trouble shooting.

iPhone 4, iOS 7

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 4:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 1:55 PM

Hi fergieferguson,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

From what I gather, there’s a sound issue with videos and alerts on your iPhone 4. Take a look at the article linked below which provides troubleshooting suggestions that will resolve most sound related issues on iOS devices.

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker - Apple Support

Ciao,

-Jason

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2015 1:55 PM in response to fergieferguson

Hi fergieferguson,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

From what I gather, there’s a sound issue with videos and alerts on your iPhone 4. Take a look at the article linked below which provides troubleshooting suggestions that will resolve most sound related issues on iOS devices.

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker - Apple Support

Ciao,

-Jason

Jul 5, 2015 7:17 AM in response to fergieferguson

Hi there fergieferguson,

If I understand correctly, you’ve tried the troubleshooting suggestions in the article and the issue is persisting. Due to the nature of the sound issue with your 4, it would be best to Contact Apple Support as recommended in the article.

If you follow these steps and still hear no sound or distorted sound, contact us.

Take care,

-Jason

sound problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.