Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Movies rented on ITunes will not play. How do I get them to play?

I rented two movies for a 14-hour flight to Hong Kong. I rented them the night before the flight. I watched them download.

Now, I'm out over the Pacific Ocean. When I tried to play the movies, they would not play. The "PLAY" button was there, but when I pressed it...nothing. I also bought (as opposed to rented) Season 18 of South Park (highly recommended). It downloaded just fine and I'm able to play it. However, neither of the movies I rented are able to be played.

I rented the movies on an IPad Air running IOS 8.3 (12F69).

This is super-frustrating since I had looked forward to whiling away some of the hours on this LONG flight watching a couple of movies. Now I can't.

One bit of advice I read was to sign out, then back into ITunes. I tried that. After I signed back in, the "PLAY" button disappeared for both movies. It was replaced with the option to rent the movie again.

What the heck? How do I get my rented movies to play? I keep hearing this legend of Apple and how friendly their products are. But I've honestly had just as many or more problems using Apple products as I have had on Windows-based machines. This is aggravating!

Thanks in advance for any help.

iPad Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 5:09 PM

There are no replies.

Movies rented on ITunes will not play. How do I get them to play?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.