Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

system extension cannot be used

User uploaded file

When installing routine updates of OX X 10.7.5 (Lion), I receive this error message. This appears to be related to software for an old Plantronics phone. Does anyone have advice on how to clean this up?

Processor 2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Memory 16 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512 MB

Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)

Mac Pro (Early 2009), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 4:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 5:03 PM

Locate the extension by following the path to the Extensions folder. Select the extension, CTRL- or RIGHT-click and select Move to Trash from the context menu (don't try dragging it to the Trash.) Restart the computer. This should do away with the error dialog. You may need to Restart twice, but that is normal. After restarting you can Empty the Trash. I suggest you look for any other remnants of the software and delete them as well.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2015 5:03 PM in response to caprofessor

Locate the extension by following the path to the Extensions folder. Select the extension, CTRL- or RIGHT-click and select Move to Trash from the context menu (don't try dragging it to the Trash.) Restart the computer. This should do away with the error dialog. You may need to Restart twice, but that is normal. After restarting you can Empty the Trash. I suggest you look for any other remnants of the software and delete them as well.

system extension cannot be used

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.