Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Digital Copy Redeemed- No movie, Cloud Link Broken?

Some time ago I redeemed a copy for Les Miserables. Just to be clear, this came with a UV and digital copy; I'm referring to the digital copy for this issue. I downloaded the file fine and even watched the movie with no issue. About a month ago, I got a new internal SSD, backed up very important parts of my computer, and switched the SSD to my boot drive using the former 1TB drive to store all of my growing media. Some files were too large to transfer, however, so I decided to just re-download them when I got everything up and running.

Just about everything worked fine...except for my digital copy of Les Mis. If I check my purchase history, I can see the order being redeemed on 5/5/13 so I know that this is associated with my account. Furthermore, if I look in my library, I can see the dead-link in my movie library which if I click it, it tells me the file was not found. I have also selected the preferences to ensure that I can see all "in cloud purchases."...It still doesn't show. All my other movies appear fine but this movie is nowhere to be found. Obviously, I can't redeem the code again because it has been redeemed.

In other words, I clearly redeemed this movie and on my account, with proof to back it up, yet I see no way of actually retrieving my film. Please assist.

Thanks.

Windows 7

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 6:12 PM

1 reply

Jul 2, 2015 2:40 PM in response to DarkBeadyEyes

Hello DarkBeadyEyes,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post I understand that you have a Digital Copy of a movie which is no longer on your computer. Since you changed hard drives and the movie did not get transferred, you can simply redownload the movie by following the directions below. You might need to delete the movie from your library first in order for it to be downloaded.

On a Mac or PC

1. Open iTunes.
  2. Click More (three dots) in the upper-left corner.
  3. Click Movies User uploaded file or TV Shows User uploaded file from the pop-up menu.
  4. Click iTunes Store.
  5. If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID and password.
  6. Under Movie Quick Links or TV Show Quick Links on the right side of the iTunes Store, click Purchased.
    User uploaded file
  7. Select Not in My Library to view purchased content that isn't on your computer.
    User uploaded file
  8. Scroll to find the item that you want to download.
  9. Click the Download User uploaded file icon in the upper-right corner of the item you want to download. Your app downloads to your library.
    If an item is already in your library, the Download icon won't appear.

Download past purchases from iTunes in the Cloud - Apple Support

Take care,

Alex H.

Digital Copy Redeemed- No movie, Cloud Link Broken?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.