Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Album tracks not available for streaming in iTunes 12.2

Since, unlike iOS 8.4, iTunes 12.2 was not available for installing until much later today, I spent the day poking around and getting familiarized with the revamped Music app which I had installed this morning in my iOS devices. Among other things, I saved several albums to my music library through the Music app throughout the day. After installing iTunes 12.2 on my Mac I noticed that about half the albums are available for streaming through iTunes (and are displaying their cover art) but the other half is not yet available. Must be that the servers are getting clobbered because no matter how many times I attempt to update my iCloud Music Library in iTunes, nothing happens. In other words, the updating does not go through its full cycle and simply quits without warning. As a result, those album tracks remain greyed out (and the albums display no cover art either). Anyone experiencing this? I will keep trying until everything normalizes.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 5:02 PM

5 replies

Jun 30, 2015 6:20 PM in response to ohneSchatten

Same here. My tracks have been showing up all day in iTunes on Windows and Mac computers, even before the 12.2 update, but they all show greyed out and with no artwork. I'm unable to play or download them. Working fine on my iPhone and iPad though. I was able to get Beats 1 to play from iTunes, just to see if *something* would work. At first not even that would play.

Album tracks not available for streaming in iTunes 12.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.