Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Receiving Error -9905 when importing images into Image Capture

Hi all,

Recently I updated our Mac Mini computers from Mavericks to Yosemite (10.10.3). Before doing that, we would hook our Kodak C195 camera up to to the computer via a USB cable. Normally a window would pop up and we'd hit the Import All button, and the images would land on the computer.

However, after the upgrade, we almost immediately receive an "error -9905" telling us the images could not be imported. As a workaround we can take the sdCard out of the, and the images can be moved to the computer that way. But, we'd prefer not to have the cards constantly being moved in an out of the camera that way.

This problem is occurring on three different computers, all of which worked before the upgrade to Yosemite. Additionally, they're using different cables so there's no continuity there.

As a side note, one of the office people says that other brand cameras are not having an issue importing through Image Capture, though I have not witnessed that myself.

Anyone else having this problem? If so, have you been able to correct it?

Thanks!!

Robert

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 5:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2015 7:32 PM

Just a heads up in case anyone else experiences this. There was a image database corruption when the old iPhoto was upgraded to Photo recently. This cause a problem with Image Capture.

I ran the Photo and then it gave me an error message about fixing the database. Once it completed to fix, it let me connect the camera just fine!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2015 7:32 PM in response to Robert Marshall

Just a heads up in case anyone else experiences this. There was a image database corruption when the old iPhoto was upgraded to Photo recently. This cause a problem with Image Capture.

I ran the Photo and then it gave me an error message about fixing the database. Once it completed to fix, it let me connect the camera just fine!

Receiving Error -9905 when importing images into Image Capture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.