Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.2 Music Playlists Artwork?

Is this a new feature in iTunes 12.2? Playlists in iTunes used to have a much smaller banner, but now the banner is huge and allows you to add album art to each playlist. Once art is added, there doesn't seem to be a way to delete the artwork, but you can change it to something else.

My problem is that I do a lot of work in iTunes with playlists and the banner takes up too much space. I can't figure out how to completely remove the album art icon and/or shrink the size of the banner to what it was in iTunes 12.1.

User uploaded file

Mac mini (Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 5:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 5:19 PM

I thought maybe it was something I might have enabled while messing around with iTunes, but I just installed 12.2 on my Macbook and sure enough that's the new look of Playlists. I hope there's a way to adjust that.

19 replies

Jun 30, 2015 7:25 PM in response to hhgttg27

Agreed! I use iTunes for work and often deal with playlists that require editing metadata for over 40,000 tracks. The new wasted space is a bummer, and it's even worse when you have the column browser enabled. I submitted feedback to Apple by going to the iTunes menu bar and selecting Provide iTunes Feedback. I'm sure it helps to voice a complaint... maybe.

Jul 1, 2015 5:52 PM in response to PenPenKun

Yea this is pretty annoying. I'm not sure why Apple feels the need to keep pushing changes onto people. They already removed the old get info window and butchered the new one. I can't think of any good reason they feel the need to take my screen real estate. I've started looking at other music players, check out in the event that apple never gets their act together. http://swinsian.com/ and https://www.doubletwist.com/desktop

Jul 2, 2015 8:13 AM in response to PenPenKun

I also work a lot with playlists and I just noticed that this colour theme makes my iTunes slower than before. I have many Smart playlists and I have set it up like if i take one track off the list then it updates and removes the track from that playlist. On the same time it happens there is a sight glitch in the color theme and iTunes stalls for a 5th of a second. It is not noticeable while using it to play but I do it a lot and fast so this is annoying. Especially when dropping a track to another playlist and then it stalls and the drop happens to a unwanted section of playlists. It was working perfectly with 12.1. Anyone noticed that?

Jul 8, 2015 9:47 PM in response to PenPenKun

Not sure if I'm understanding the problem correctly... I don't know how to get rid of the bar on top, but you can get rid of the album artwork and re-order columns in a playlist. Under the main playlist tab there is a drop down list on the right, by default 'playlist' seems to be selected. if you change it to 'songs' it will give you the option of showing artwork, which columns you want displayed, etc. and you will be able to re-arrange the columns. Hope this helps a bit!

User uploaded file

iTunes 12.2 Music Playlists Artwork?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.