Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

just installed itunes12.2 all my libraries are missing

After installing itunes 12.2 my music no longer shows up. I'm also missing my movies and TV shows. I'm talking about the media on my computer, not what's in icloud.

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 6:13 PM

9 replies

Jun 30, 2015 7:34 PM in response to theartfarm

Same problem here! Installed 12.2 and opened it up only to find iTunes completely empty! No music, playlists, apps, TV Shows, Movies, ringtones, etc. The raw files are still on my drive so I'm re-importing everything back into iTunes. Pain in the neck. How big is your library, theartfarm?

Running a late 2013 15" MacBook Pro Retina, OS X 10.10.4.

Jul 1, 2015 12:25 AM in response to erbohnenblust

Sadly this didn't work for me. I followed those directions to a T & I was back with an empty library. I have to have a copy of iTunes that works so I found a copy of 12.1.2 & downloaded that. I will be installing it and restoring to an old iTunes backup that's only 5 days old (no big deal) and I am going to wait until 12.2.x. It seems like there are a lot of issues with this iCloud Library.

Jul 1, 2015 10:23 AM in response to theartfarm

UPDATE:

I was able to remove 12.2 using terminal commands & installed 12.1.2 and I copied over an older version of my iTunes folder that's only 5 days old & everything is back! Apps, playlists, music, everything! All I had to do is put back on the music, Podcasts, & apps that I got within that 5 day period, which wasn't a lot. I won't be upgrading to 12.2 anytime soon.

Jul 1, 2015 10:50 AM in response to Zach Bennett

None of the tactics suggested for recovery of playlists and album art worked for me, so I'm re-importing everything back into iTunes again thanks to this brutally poor update for iTunes 12.2.

Instead of downgrading to previous iTunes version, I read reviews and will test Swinsian as an iTunes alternative. Very good reviews from folks who have large music libraries. The bloat and clutter that come standard with all iTunes versions lately got beyond what I considered acceptable, and the iTunes install fiasco (missing libraries, overwritten album art for owned music tracks etc.. etc. ) with this 12.2 upgrade has me migrating away from such a fickle music management system for my music library.

If you are also finding yourself swearing at iTunes' latest cludgy upgrade again this morning, give Swinsian a try. It seems to be a very stable and compatible replacement for iTunes.

Who does QA/QC for Apple software upgrades before they are rolled out? It appears that team was let go by Apple in advance of this iTunes roll out?

Jul 1, 2015 11:07 AM in response to Roger Rempel

Remember that third party software will not provide interface to the iTunes Store, nor Apple mobile devices, nor iCloud features such as Apple Music which is the only real reason to upgrade from 12.1 to 12.2. If this does not matter to you then great, by all means try alternatives. I still use iTunes 7.5 on my computer because after that the newer versions didn't offer enough to make me want to put up with the commercialization extras.

just installed itunes12.2 all my libraries are missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.