Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unknown fee ITUNES.COM/BILL

when i linked my card to my icloud i checked itunes but didnt download anything, then my card was charged 45.11 php, anyone know what that fee is for? it is named ITUNES.COM/BILL in the statement of my account.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 5:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 6:41 PM

It is a temporary authorization hold to verify the account. It should automatically reverse very quickly.See About payment card authorization holds in the iTunes Store - Apple Support

8 replies

Jul 1, 2015 8:10 AM in response to Kennzy

See the following quote from About payment card authorization holds in the iTunes Store - Apple Support

If I remember correctly with my card company it can take 3 or 4 days but as it says below it varies by financial institution. Note that it isn't an actual charge, it is a hold. With my company it shows in the Temporary Authorizations section as Pending when I look online, never moves to the Posted section, and disappears within a few days. You can contact your card company for more information.

You might see authorization requests on your online statement. These requests aren't actual charges. They are tests to confirm that your payment card account is active and has the funds available to complete your transactions. Authorization holds are removed by your financial institution shortly after your purchase clears. The time it takes to remove authorization requests varies by financial institution.

Sep 8, 2016 6:14 AM in response to Nancyfanesi

You already know that you are only talking to fellow users on here, that these are user-to-user forums, and not iTunes Support nor Apple - you shouldn't post personal info such as phone numbers on any public forum, I've asked the hosts to remove it.

Where have you seen this 'bill' ? If an email you are sure that it's a genuine email from Apple, not a phishing email trying to get your account and payment details ?

Phishing emails : Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Have you tried looking at your accounts purchase histories (including family members if you are a family organiser in family sharing) : See your purchase history in the iTunes Store on a Mac or PC - Apple Support ?

unknown fee ITUNES.COM/BILL

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.