Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

disappointed with Apple

I got my MacBook with Os X Yosemite two or 3 weeks ago. It's reasonable to have the newest operation system with newest versions of APPs, yet I just found out that I got an app that was at least 3 years old (not sure how many others are older versions). I had a little problem with the MacBook. I would say that it's probably user's error. In order not to mess up the new MacBook any further, I reinstalled Os X Yosimite.

Before I re-installed the operation system, I had Garageband manufacturer pre-installed as a package. After I reinstalled Os X Yosimte, the Garageband disappeared. I called the tech support and was told to go to the Apple store to download Garageband, which was about two weeks ago. Thus, at that time, the newest version of Garageban was 10.0.3. However, I couldn't load an AU instrument by a 3rd party. I sought helps from this forum, and leone was so kind to try to solve my problem. Everything I had seemed to be the same as leone's yet mine just did not work.

With much hope, I looked forward to install the newest version of Garageband 10.1 today, which I did. Nonetheless, nothing was resolved.

I called the tech support, and I was told that my MacBook came with GarageBand 10. 4. I was instructed to installed the older version. I did, yet the 10.1 as a newer version was not overwriting the older one. Why in the world that Apple would pre-install an APP that was released 3 years ago???

MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 5:26 PM

1 reply

disappointed with Apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.