Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Remote not working after iOS 8.4 update

My Apple remote (as well as Logitech Harmony remote) is no longer working with my Apple TV[ Gen 3]. When I press buttons on the remotes, I see the white LED on the front of the Apple TV flash, so I know it is receiving signal, however, button presses do not result in navigation of the menu or selections occuring.

The iOS Remote app does still work, so I was able to navigate to the Apple TV Settings > Remotes menu. When I attempted to have it "learn" my remotes (i.e. long button presses) it says no signal was received.

Is anyone else experiencing an issue following today's update?

Apple TV

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 6:45 PM

3 replies

Jul 1, 2015 7:11 AM in response to bryguyver

Funny. I've been experiencing the same thing with a newly bought Apple TV. The led flashes as if in response to button presses, but no navigation happens on the TV screen.

The device is connected correctly and 'finds' the home screen just fine. Confusingly, when I first set this up a couple of days ago with my Samsung TV it worked fine for a few days. Then it started to 'lose' connection somehow that was only fixed by pulling the cable and restarting it. After my second episode with this method it gave up the ghost entirely and now the device no longer responds to button pushes.

My plan is to take it back to an Apple store (here in New York) to get a replacement. Not sure what else can be done.

Apple TV Remote not working after iOS 8.4 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.