Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

RE: 2012 MacBook Pro Yosemite Boot Camp Windows 7 Issues

Hi,

I recently tried to install Windows 7 Ultimate on my 2012 MacBook Pro running Yosemite using Boot Camp and now I'm stuck.

I was able to get to the point where it asks you to "Insert Bootable Disk and press any key" and I tried inserting the DVD with the Windows 7 disk image into the disk drive and pressed multiple keys and nothing happened. I was unable to get past that prompt screen, and I ended up having to shut it down using the power button. Now when I start up the computer while holding down the option key down it takes me into "Install Windows" and goes to "Select operating system you want to install" and there are no options listed.

This is where I am at currently, the Windows DVD is still stuck in the disk drive and I can't seem to find a way to boot in Mac OS. I'm not sure if the installation was partially successful or a complete failure, and I am not sure what to do next.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Jazz

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 6:18 PM

1 reply

Jun 30, 2015 7:39 PM in response to jazznomad

Try the following two steps

Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

How to Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

You have a partial Windows installation. If you have a 8+ GB USB2 flash drive, your Mac should also support creating a USB installer from a DVD and/or ISO.

Please also see Create an ISO image for Boot Camp from a Windows installation DVD - Apple Support .

RE: 2012 MacBook Pro Yosemite Boot Camp Windows 7 Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.