Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Music Library freezing

So I was REALLY hoping that this new rollout of iTunes would be an improvement but not surprisingly, I was wrong. Has anyone else had issues with iTunes freezing after enabling iCloud Music Library? This vividly reminds me of how iTunes Match used to freeze EVERY SINGLE TIME I turned it on and while I didnt think this was possible, but I hate iTunes even more now...

The only way I can get it to not freeze is if I restart the app, go into preferences really quick and disable "enable iCloud Music Library" before it starts syncing. iTunes starts working better after that BUT then I run into the problem of not having my music synced with my iPhone.

Why....why....why cant Apple get this right? 12 versions of iTunes later and it is STILL bloated and buggy like before. What's even more annoying is that I apparently have missing tracks from my iTunes library. When I go to locate the original file, it is nowhere to be found. When I go into my purchases, I am unable to re-download it because it cant find the missing file. Ummm...***!?! I want to re download my missing music file but I cant because...the music file cant be located.

I guess I'm sticking with Google Music. At least that works...

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 6:25 PM

There are no replies.

iCloud Music Library freezing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.