Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Biography column thing?

Ok, here it is: I just upgraded iTunes today and now apparently all artists in my list have this biography and similar bands column kind of thing in the right side of the window. How do I get rid of it? Please.

Here goes a pic of it:

User uploaded file

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 7:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 10:39 PM

I know what you mean, I hate this column, too.

Can't understand why apple has no option added to disable this fu**ing column. I don't want to see the content and if there is an artist which hasn't any information for this column Apple shows an empty column which looks awful. This happens only when the Artists is available on iTunes. For Artitsts which are unknown for apple the column is missing.

Artist is available on iTunes, but has no information for the evil column

User uploaded file

Artists is completely unknown for Apple, column is gone

User uploaded file

Artist with the column 😟

User uploaded file

However I found an Workaround, just make the window smaller than the column disappears.

User uploaded file

I don't like this workaround. An option for disabling that column would be much better.

I suggest that you write apple and suggest that they add an option for that.

https://www.apple.com/feedback/

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2015 10:39 PM in response to Feelerino

I know what you mean, I hate this column, too.

Can't understand why apple has no option added to disable this fu**ing column. I don't want to see the content and if there is an artist which hasn't any information for this column Apple shows an empty column which looks awful. This happens only when the Artists is available on iTunes. For Artitsts which are unknown for apple the column is missing.

Artist is available on iTunes, but has no information for the evil column

User uploaded file

Artists is completely unknown for Apple, column is gone

User uploaded file

Artist with the column 😟

User uploaded file

However I found an Workaround, just make the window smaller than the column disappears.

User uploaded file

I don't like this workaround. An option for disabling that column would be much better.

I suggest that you write apple and suggest that they add an option for that.

https://www.apple.com/feedback/

Sep 12, 2015 9:49 AM in response to Feelerino

Yet another bonehead move by Apple. Let's take a great program and wreck it, piece by piece, over the course of a decade.

That said, I have a solution to this problem. Depending on how much purchased music you have in your library, it may be tenable or it may not be worth it for you. To fix the issue, select a song that you have purchased from iTunes. Left-click with your mouse to find this option, or go to File > Create New Version > Create ACC Version. This will make a duplicate of your file and it will keep all of your metadata intact with one exception. The "kind" field will change from "Purchased AAC audio file" to "AAC audio file."

iTunes will no longer recognize this song as a purchase, and, once all of the purchased songs are eliminated from each artist's catalog within your library, the Columns of Stupidity and Shame (COSS) will disappear.

Restarts may be necessary.

If anyone has a more simple solution, I'd love to here it. But, right now, I have 460 songs to deal with.

Good luck, folks.

N.

Biography column thing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.