Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

15" Late-2011 Vertical Black/White Lines, now grey screen upon start up

This occurred less than thirty minutes ago. I was reading an article and all of a sudden, my screen shows black/white pin strips. It was also unresponsive. I restart it and it let my submit my password, but then had an update bar and would shut down about half way through the update. I then tried to open it in recovery mode. It would Also have an update or loading bar and then about half way through that would switch to an all white screen. It would stay on this screen until I powered the computer down. It's a Late-2011 15" Macbook Pro computer. I recently updated it to Yosemite.

I tried googling the issue but I couldn't find any concrete solutions or answers.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 7:01 PM

2 replies

15" Late-2011 Vertical Black/White Lines, now grey screen upon start up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.