Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I trash mail on iPad with out a trash can in the gmail app

iPad, new mini 3, 8.3,

Gmail

in the mail app there is no trash can with which to delete the mail, only an archive box which is way to complicated to go into all the time and delete.

HOW DO I GET THE TRASH CAN TO APPEAR AND SEND EMAILS TO THE TRASH PLEASE.

iPad Mini, iOS 8.3, its new to me and i'm unfamiliar

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 7:24 PM

2 replies

Jun 30, 2015 11:57 PM in response to jojoguitar

Go into Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, tap on the account, tap on Account at the top of the next screen and then Advanced at the bottom of the popup, and change the 'Move Discarded Messages Into' to be 'Delete Mailbox' instead of 'Archive Mailbox' : Archive your Gmail messages - Apple Support.

(Please don't type in all capitals, it's considered shouting.)

how do I trash mail on iPad with out a trash can in the gmail app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.