Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5c iOS 8.4 unresponsive screen or freezing

Hello. My iPhone 5C that I've had for almost two years is now often giving me an "unresponsive Screen". My iPhone after a year suddenly started to freeze or become un responsive when I unlocked my phone but onced I locked and unlocked my phone again It would resume like normal. This has carried on for a month or so and I ignored however recently when I unlcoked my phone after around 30 seconds my phone would freeze or become unresponsive and this time if I locked it and unlocked it it would remain the same. After being left alone for a minute the same procedure would happen. I've been trying tim fix and research this for the past couple days and I've reset my phone and cleared everything. I've done every procuedure to my phone and still nothing has seemed to resolve it. This morning I updated it to ios 8.4 and It just seemed to make it worse. Now it types on its own and goes crazy. It's also become more unresponsive. I don't know what to do and I just want someones to help me. There is no apple store where I live and also I have no warranty. Some say its a hardware problem but I want to know if my phone is gone through for good or can be fixed. Help would be much appreciated thanks 🙂 I've been really stressed out with this.

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.4, 8gb IPhone 5C (Good condition)

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 7:59 PM

13 replies

Jul 4, 2015 8:03 PM in response to Chris_1902

Had screen freeze issues along with wifi issues. Updated IOS 8.4 via iTunes twice, reset network twice (including rebooting of modem and router) and reset phone several times. Nothing worked until I disabled Find my iPhone. Then, slowly screen began to function and wifi began to be detected again after the phone being locked up for two days, useless.

Enabled Find my iPhone and the phone started to freeze again. Disabled again...Now, the iPhone is working again.

Made an appointment at the Genius Bar, but if there are no more issues with the Find my iPhone off. I will wait until there is an IOS bug fix.

Jul 11, 2015 10:24 AM in response to Gotitdown

You may also try a reset by holding down the home and power button until the apple logo appears. I had a few hiccups today as well. We just have to keep on trying. After these corporations get our money, they really don't care about us at all. We are all victims (just putting it quite nicely) ...sigh! Really don't think that I will stay with them forever!!

iPhone 5c iOS 8.4 unresponsive screen or freezing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.