Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage is associating an old cell number

I log into my Apple id on my new phone but the SEND AND RECEIVE under my iMessage has an old cell number. iMessage wants to use that number .... YOU CAN BE REACHED BY MESSAGE AT: (OLD #)

I want it to see the new number ??? how do i get it to do that. The iPhone that the old number belongs to is destroyed-cant access it . what do i do.

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.1, iMessage/facetime

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 6:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 8:09 AM

update; i rebooted the iphone after i reset my Apple Id password which at least got rid of my old number from the selection but my new number is still not showing up in the selection so that i can place a check mark next to it. I am sure I am not the only one with this issue.

why is this so complex?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2015 8:09 AM in response to Hannaabe

update; i rebooted the iphone after i reset my Apple Id password which at least got rid of my old number from the selection but my new number is still not showing up in the selection so that i can place a check mark next to it. I am sure I am not the only one with this issue.

why is this so complex?

iMessage is associating an old cell number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.