Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't rename playlist in 12.2

Is anybody else experiencing this problem? I created a new playlist (empty) and when I double click on the name "Playlist" I am unable to edit the name, the edit box appears but disappears before I can rename, even if I type something it reverts to "Playlist"

OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 7:54 PM

3 replies

Mar 29, 2017 2:46 PM in response to kenobi_bass

Yes, I am running version 12.6.0.100 in Windows 10 on a PC and I have the same problem. None of the methods of renaming a custom playlist works. I've tried double clicking on the name, F2, clicking on the name and selecting the renaming option from the menu and nothing works I just get the box which you can't type in and only can close. I can name new playlists either. I just get the same stupid box.

Jul 1, 2015 4:03 PM in response to kenobi_bass

I was getting something like this last night - I kept clicking on the field, maybe I'd type a few letters, then the edit box would disappear and it'd be back to the original name. I don't seem to be having the same problem today. Total guess: iTunes was busy doing something (the CPU has certainly been busy), and whatever it was doing kept grabbing "priority" from the edit box.

Can't rename playlist in 12.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.