Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Battery

I have an iPhone 6, but despite high hope I found out that after using the phone a while the battery capacity is decreasing and the speed of power depletion increased. How can I Preserve the iPhone Battery Itself in Factory Conditions Without Deleting Apps or Disabling Much Contents

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 7:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 7:25 PM

Using the battery level meter in this manner is comparable to using your car's fuel gauge to calculate miles per gallon. The only thing that matters is the total amount of operating time from full charge to auto-shutdown.

Use the wall-mount charger that came with the iPad and charge overnight. Do NOT use an iPod/iPhone charger. Do NOT use a computer's USB port. Then, operate it normally until auto shut-down (ignore any low level alerts that may appear). An irony is that doing that test to determine the total operating time is also the procedure necessary to calibrate the battery level meter.

I'm not claiming that you do not have a problem. I am stating, however, that we don't yet know. If the above test does, in fact, indicate a problem, read this.

Also, according to Apple:

Use Your iPad Regularly

For proper reporting of the battery’s state of charge, be sure to go through at least one charge cycle per month (charging the battery to 100% and then completely running it down).

Elsewhere, Apple elaborates and explains that two half-discharges (or four quarter-discharges, etc.) equals one full discharge.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2015 7:25 PM in response to Duncan Law

Using the battery level meter in this manner is comparable to using your car's fuel gauge to calculate miles per gallon. The only thing that matters is the total amount of operating time from full charge to auto-shutdown.

Use the wall-mount charger that came with the iPad and charge overnight. Do NOT use an iPod/iPhone charger. Do NOT use a computer's USB port. Then, operate it normally until auto shut-down (ignore any low level alerts that may appear). An irony is that doing that test to determine the total operating time is also the procedure necessary to calibrate the battery level meter.

I'm not claiming that you do not have a problem. I am stating, however, that we don't yet know. If the above test does, in fact, indicate a problem, read this.

Also, according to Apple:

Use Your iPad Regularly

For proper reporting of the battery’s state of charge, be sure to go through at least one charge cycle per month (charging the battery to 100% and then completely running it down).

Elsewhere, Apple elaborates and explains that two half-discharges (or four quarter-discharges, etc.) equals one full discharge.

iPhone Battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.