Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad battery level

What factors affect iPad battery level? My iPad's battery is being depleted at too rapid a rate. I've tried setting the screen brightness to a low level, but it doesn't seem to help the speed of decline of the iPad battery level. Are there other factors? Note: my iPad is a bit over two years old. Thanks.

iPad, iOS 8

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 8:03 PM

7 replies

Jul 6, 2015 12:45 PM in response to stirling-dad

Sorry, that was a red herring. By the time I wrote that, I've forgotten we're talking about an iPad, which does not support Flash, period.

Generally, the more graphics, sound, or videos a site has, the more power will be used to fully download it. On the other hand, one of the reasons to have an iPad is to use it, so you don't want to cut out, what are often, the most interesting sites.

Is battery really draining "too" fast for you? If it's a new "toy" you're probably use it more right now than you will normally.

A good strategy: Always leave the iPad connected to a power source overnight. I also got used to connecting it to power whenever I expect a longish break in use. This foes not affect battery life. I don't remember the last time my iPad was drained below 35% by the end of the day. And I'm a heavy user.

iPad battery level

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.