Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 8.4 landscape display not work after install

After I installed ios 8.4 on my iPad Mini (the first model to come out), I can no longer display any app or photos in landscape mode.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

iPad

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 7:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 8:00 PM

See If the screen doesn't rotate on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If your settings are correct as described in the above article but it's still not working, you might try a device reset:

Device Reset (won't affect settings/data/music/apps/etc)

1. Press and hold (& continue to hold) BOTH the Sleep/Wake button & the Home button.

2. Continue to hold BOTH (ignoring any other messages that may show) until you see the Apple logo on the screen.

3. Release BOTH buttons when you see the Apple logo and allow the device to boot normally.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2015 8:00 PM in response to hotJazz

See If the screen doesn't rotate on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If your settings are correct as described in the above article but it's still not working, you might try a device reset:

Device Reset (won't affect settings/data/music/apps/etc)

1. Press and hold (& continue to hold) BOTH the Sleep/Wake button & the Home button.

2. Continue to hold BOTH (ignoring any other messages that may show) until you see the Apple logo on the screen.

3. Release BOTH buttons when you see the Apple logo and allow the device to boot normally.

Jun 30, 2015 8:21 PM in response to SergZak

THank you for trying to help, SerZak.

I tried your solurion on my iPad, but I still cannot show photos in landscape mode.

ON my iphone, I can still display photos in landscape mode.

I was mistaken. My ipad mini does not have an portrait mode lock on bottom swipe-display. Long story short, I must accidently moved the side slider that locks portrait mode.

THank you for your help.

Jul 5, 2015 1:45 PM in response to hotJazz

This happened on my iPad Air 2 as soon as I updated to iOS 8.4

I also noticed that it the screen is a little slower to wake from sleep. Has anyone else had this issue?

the Portrait to landscape switch seems to resolve itself after resetting, but it still manages to come back after my device has been asleep for a little while.

ios 8.4 landscape display not work after install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.