Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i want to upgrade from 10.6.8 to 10.7

dear members

i am using a macbook (core 2 duo, 2.4 GHz, 2 GB ram). I want to upgrade the mac OS from 10.6.8 to 10.7. apple has withdrawn aupport and safari is also not working well on a few sites. i am not able to find the download. the apple store guys are also not helping saying that 10.7 is not available. the machine is working absolutely fine.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 8:52 PM

6 replies

Jun 30, 2015 8:59 PM in response to doc_daman

Hi,

v10.7 Lion is available for purchase from the Apple Store > OS X Lion (10.7) - Apple Store

After you purchasse Lion, within a two to three business days you should receive an email confirmation from Apple that includes a Redemption Code you can use at the App Store to download Lion.

That's the only way to install Lion from the App Store.

Something to keep in mind. The Safari version that runs on v10.7 Lion has not been updated by Apple for sometime. You may still have issues with Safari. To be honest, you're better off with a new Mac with v10.10 Yosemite preinstalled with Safari 8.0.x.

Jun 30, 2015 9:54 PM in response to doc_daman

If your issues are primarily with your older version of Safari, try using a different browser like:

Mozilla Firefox

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox

The current, up-to-date version of FireFox is fully compatible with old and new versions of OS X and is regularly updated by the great developers of the Mozilla group.

I have, also, stopped using the Google search engine regularly (due to Google's privacy policies or lack thereof) and I now use DuckDuckGo as my default search engine.

Jul 1, 2015 8:18 AM in response to doc_daman

Check that your computer is compatible with Mountain Lion/Mavericks/Yosemite.

To check the model number hold down the option/alt key, go to the Apple menu and select System Information.

• MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer) model number 5,1 or higher
  • MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer) model number 3,1 or higher

Your Mac needs:

• OS X v10.6.8 or OS X Lion already installed
  • 2 GB or more of memory (More is better - 4 GB minimum seems to be the consensus)
  • 8 GB or more of available space

Check to make sure your applications are compatible. PowerPC applications are no longer supported after 10.6.

Application Compatibility

Applications Compatibility (2)

Do a backup before installing.

i want to upgrade from 10.6.8 to 10.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.