Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just purchased a MacBook Air, and there's a glitch in the chess program. Are there any fixes available?

I'm having a problem with the Apple provided chess program. It spontaneously moves two pieces, white and black, tp previous locations on the board. It changes the game enough that it's unplayable. Any help available for this one?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 9:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 9:45 PM

There is no information on such a problem with the Chess application. Have you tried performing a clean install of 10.4.4 on a freshly formatted drive in order to test if the problem is repeatable? If not, then I suggest that's what you do, then if it is still present you can report it here - Apple Feedback or Bug Reporting - Apple Developer.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2015 9:45 PM in response to Doggodaggle

There is no information on such a problem with the Chess application. Have you tried performing a clean install of 10.4.4 on a freshly formatted drive in order to test if the problem is repeatable? If not, then I suggest that's what you do, then if it is still present you can report it here - Apple Feedback or Bug Reporting - Apple Developer.

I just purchased a MacBook Air, and there's a glitch in the chess program. Are there any fixes available?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.