Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Simple(ton) Playlist format?

Newly created playlists in iTunes 12.2 (Mac) do not appear to have the ability to add/edit “sort” columns. They now only include the song, artist, album, genre, year and “heart.” You can’t add, or subtract any of these columns (e.g. date added, iCloud Status, etc). You also can’t sort on any column.

The old playlists have maintained the old columns on the Desktop Mac where I created them (so far), but the same playlists on my “iTunes Matched” laptop are slowly changing the simple format (some are the old and some are the new format). I suspect they will all be the “new” format soon.

Anyone know how to create the “old style” playlist format?

This is crazy… and not in a good way.

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 9:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 10:05 PM

Thankfully, the "simple" playlist is only the default and can be changed. I failed to notice the "Playlist" dropdown menu in the upper right corner of the playlist. You can select a variety of playlist styles, including my preference of "Songs" that give all the sort options.

It's good when you can answer your own question!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2015 10:05 PM in response to David Strait

Thankfully, the "simple" playlist is only the default and can be changed. I failed to notice the "Playlist" dropdown menu in the upper right corner of the playlist. You can select a variety of playlist styles, including my preference of "Songs" that give all the sort options.

It's good when you can answer your own question!

New Simple(ton) Playlist format?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.