Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay not possible when listening to beats1

Am I the only one that can't airplay beats1 directly from iTunes 12.2?

Works perfectly fine for all other music and radios, but not beats1

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 8:48 PM

4 replies

Jul 1, 2015 9:18 AM in response to virenf

Same for me ... sad that Apple chose to not let us use airplay with their shiny new Beats 1. It works to change your system settings sound output to your airplay device (I'm using an airport express). Not the best work around but at least it works. ... Stupid for Apple to do this, maybe its an oversight and will be fixed in the next update.

Jul 1, 2015 9:38 AM in response to virenf

This is seriously lame. You can still use Airplay with internet radio stations. But Apple won't let you play Beats 1 over Airplay? This makes no sense at all. Is it because Beats 1 is part of the paid subscription plan? If so, That ***** even more. If I'm going to pay $10 a month for something, I should be able to play it on my wireless speaker system.

Jul 7, 2015 3:11 PM in response to virenf

There is a fairly simple workaround for this.

• Go to System Preferences > Sound > Output
  • in the list scroll to your Airplay speakers and select them
  • adjust volume as necessary

I'm a software developer and though I found it unexpected that I couldn't choose Airplay from within iTunes when playing Beats1, I understand that a lot of work went into the Apple Music update and there are tradeoffs that have to be made to ship the software.

I imagine it will be coming in an update. In the meantime, use this workaround.

AirPlay not possible when listening to beats1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.