Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod v perfume

My ipod touch was in my handbag and my perfume bottle broke and now my ipod won't turn on or charge. Is it worth getting it looked at by a repairer or is it cactus and needs to be replaced? Thanks

iPod touch

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 8:22 PM

7 replies

Jul 4, 2015 11:47 PM in response to lllaass

Apple actually does not issue refurbish devices. They state that the device is as new as a device brand new from the box. This statement is double ended in a way - it means that either all devices are brand new and they do not use any used parts or new or replacement devices have the possibility of parts that have been previously used. I would suggest they only say it in this way for legal reasons.

Source of knowledge: Worked for an Apple Authorised Service provider as an iOS Technical and we where told that this was the correct way to inform customers of the replacement device's quality

Jul 4, 2015 11:52 PM in response to twistedgab

To answer your question about service in Tasmania. I suggest you look up Apple stores near you but you are much more likely to find an Apple Certified iOS Repairer, just have a quick Google search. Ensure that they are certified otherwise they will not be able to replace your device. Replacements are normally just over half the price of a new one. I would also suggest you don't mention the liquid damage unless they do. In Australia we get 2 years warranty under Australian Consumer Law therefore it may still be in warranty and if they can't find signs of liquid damage and you didn't say you got it wet they might be able to do it under warranty

Jul 5, 2015 1:51 AM in response to trentn

Where does Apple state "They state that the device is as new as a device brand new from the box. "?

Those word legally mean the device, and all the parts are new, not previously used. That is not the case since Apple.

The apple USA warranty includes:

If during the Warranty Period you submit a valid claim to Apple or an AASP, Apple will, at its option, ℹ repair the Apple Product using new or previously used parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability, (ii) replace the Apple Product with a device that is at least functionally equivalent to the Apple Product and is formed from new and/or previously used parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability, or (iii) exchange the Apple Product for a refund of your purchase price.

Ipod v perfume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.