Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accept credit card payments for billing services app

Hello. I have an important question to ask here. First of all I don't know where to exactly post this question. Sorry about that.

It's about making an iPhone app. I've client from Constanta, Romania. He provides billing services to customers. The scenario is like this:

His customers submit their utility bills and the respective bill payments to him and from there on he takes care of submitting them on their behalf. And he takes service charges from the customers.

He wants to make an iOS app for this. Where in people will scan their bills via app and submit the bills along with the payment of the bill to him using their credit card (like stripe for iOS or PayPal) and then he submits their bills.

The question I have in mind is, does Apple allow this? to have such an app?

I have a doubt that this cannot be done at an individual level as he is not selling a tangible product in return for the money but a promise. Is my doubt correct?

But if the entity thats providing such services is properly legalized and has all the end user agreements and proper licenses available in the app for the user to accept, is it fine then to go ahead and make the app?

I want to know the possibilities of this scenario as this is a limited scope application and the target audience belongs to a particular area or community.

Would an adhoc distribution of the app work?

It would be great if someone can give me a good analysis of this requirement and the possibilities. Thanks!

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 10:57 PM

There are no replies.

Accept credit card payments for billing services app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.