Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro 10.1.1 crashing when Sharing to iTunes 12.2

Hi all,

Starting today, Logic X 10.1.1 has been crashing when sharing to iTunes 12.2. This did not happen before. Also, other shares and bounces work perfectly, it's just the sharing to iTunes that crashes. The crash is a range exception. It seems like Logic is trying to use a range of 500,000 characters. I can bounce to MP3 and add to iTunes just fine, but the track doesn't go in the playlist I want. Not a huge deal, but sharing would save me a step. Anyone else have this problem?

OS X Yosemite (10.10), null

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 9:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 9:48 PM

Haven't tested this yet because I always manually bounce out first and then add to iTunes if needed...

However, given the changes made to iTunes in today's release and the fact that Garageband got an update today to take into account the new iTunes Connect functionality, it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't see a similar update for LPX soon too... that should resolve this issue if indeed there is one to be fixed...

30 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2015 9:48 PM in response to Michael Gaines

Haven't tested this yet because I always manually bounce out first and then add to iTunes if needed...

However, given the changes made to iTunes in today's release and the fact that Garageband got an update today to take into account the new iTunes Connect functionality, it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't see a similar update for LPX soon too... that should resolve this issue if indeed there is one to be fixed...

Jul 1, 2015 12:27 AM in response to rsouviney

Try just bouncing and using Add to iTunes instead:

User uploaded file

I advise to not use the Share to iTunes function at all, since it will not let you control the output file - it bounces everything between start- and end locator. Also, there have been various issues reported with it. Just use 'normal' Bounce with that box ticked. Exact same audio, more control, no crashes.

Jul 1, 2015 12:16 PM in response to Eriksimon

Your suggestion to bounce instead of "share" worked perfectly. I expect there will be an update for LPX at some point, but this is a more flexible and the file comes over as an AIFF file instead of an AAC file as well, but if desired, this default can be set to another formate for bouncing to iTunes if desired. Thanx for your suggestion.

Jul 1, 2015 1:02 PM in response to Michael Gaines

Me Too. Crashing when sharing all of a sudden. Bounce worked but, I don't see the selection to add it to iTunes? It didnt appear in the bounce dialog for me. Where would this be? I dragged it into iTunes and tried to put it in my playlist but got a message saying the song wasn't part of my iTunes playlist so if I continued they were going to delete the playlist. Wow. Also, I have no iTunes Match anymore. I check mixes in my car where I have Bluetooth and I would use iTunes Match to insure I had the song in my phone. What a mess Apple! i can share with GB no prob. Won't upload to Soundcloud from LPX either?

GUess it's back to good old GB. in the middle of a pretty big project of course!

Jul 2, 2015 4:42 PM in response to cIoudburst

Good detective work cloudburst! 🙂

I can confirm this works...... (Actually someone else had the same idea, which I was testing for him... but apparently he was slower than you at posting it up lol)

Hopefully there will be an update to LPX in the near future that will fix this without needing to disable 'xml' in iTunes.... along with the additon of the new 'Alchemy' plugin as found in the latest version of Garageband and the ability to directly export to Apple Music Connect too! 🙂

Cheers..

Nigel

Logic Pro 10.1.1 crashing when Sharing to iTunes 12.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.