Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email problems

I have a Mac mini early 2009 - 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400 256 MB, running Mac OS X Lion 10,75 (11G63b)

I use Apple Mail as my email client. I have an issue that I wish to correct - hopefully someone can help.

All of my incoming emails to my @me.com mail account are automatically copied to my @gmail.com account. I do not recall setting up any special rules for this to happen, although I could have forgotten - a thing that happens as you get older :-).

I have looked in the settings of my @me.com mail account and can see nothing obvious that would cause this to happen. I have been unable to work out where in gmail settings that this might have been setup - I find the their new software extremely non-user friendly.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 10:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 9:15 PM

I have solved the issue myself. I logged into my iCloud a/c via the web, selected "Mail", clicked on the gear wheel icon in the left hand pane at the bottom which then opens a "General" page. There is a stick box for 'Forwarding" with a dialogue box to the right for email address to receive forwarded mail. I simply un-ticked the box and no more email forwarding……

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2015 9:15 PM in response to mangmoom

I have solved the issue myself. I logged into my iCloud a/c via the web, selected "Mail", clicked on the gear wheel icon in the left hand pane at the bottom which then opens a "General" page. There is a stick box for 'Forwarding" with a dialogue box to the right for email address to receive forwarded mail. I simply un-ticked the box and no more email forwarding……

email problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.