Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Radio not working. Get the error message: 'Unable to start station. There was a problem starting the station. Try again later'. Is it only for the US?

Hi Guys. Hope either Apple or the community can provide an answer.

For me:

Apple Music Radio is not fully working. Get the error message: 'Unable to start station. There was a problem starting the station. Try again later'. Is it only for the US?

Beats 1 radio works fine.

But any of the set radio stations e.g. Pop. Hip Hop etc and any I try to create based on an artist receive the error above.

If i set my iTunes account to the US under settings then they work just fine.

So is this a US only feature?

Thanks.

Shan

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4, null

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 11:10 PM

50 replies

Jul 1, 2015 3:00 AM in response to CHECKit095

This is really sad. When you use the music app without an Apple Music subscription the app looks very poor and buggy. Genius list and suggestions had disapeared, covers view when turning the iPhone also disapeared. Radio stations don't work from the radio section or the radio menus options with strange errors instead of being hidden if you're not subscribed. Even the icon is more ugly!

I'm really deceived with this update. If it was possible I prefer to stay with iTunes Match and my previous music app version.

Jul 1, 2015 3:01 AM in response to shanhanif

shanhanif wrote:

Sorry guys marked this as resolved by accident.

This is not resolved but would like to confirm users outside of the US do not have access to the free limited itunes radio.

It's annoying when that happens - I've done it several times over the years often by accident - sometimes it would be handy to be able to change the status back to unanswered!

Jul 1, 2015 3:40 AM in response to Dreamboy

Hi there.

You still have the option to downgrade back to ios 8.3 as it still being signed for the next few hours/days(nobody know when they will stop signing)

Download your ios 8.3 code for whichever device you have: https://ipsw.me/all

Then connect your device to itunes and do a full backup

Then hold down the shift key on your keyboard and click on restore

A windows explorer browser window will open and you can select the ios 8.3 file you have just downloaded.

Let the restore happen as normal.

Restore your phone from the backup and you back on ios 8.3

Jul 1, 2015 3:55 AM in response to shanhanif

Thanks for the information shanhanif. I know I can do a restore and downgrade during the time 8.3 is still signed by Apple. But this would make me stay away from any update for my iOS devices for the rest of his life just to have a the old music app. Also the music libraries on the 8.3 music app were totally messed up the days before the 8.4 release, provably due to some changes on the service.

I think the only option will be to enjoy 3 free months of Apple Music and then go for Spotify, where I have everything and more without bugs and problems.

Jul 1, 2015 3:56 AM in response to shanhanif

OK guys i have been doing some research and i can now confirm that for UK users (and probably everyone not in the US) we can only listen to beat 1 radio and all other stations will give the error

Here is the link from the UK membership: https://www.apple.com/uk/music/membership/

Scroll down and you will see:

Notice with only apple id being signed there is no tick to listen to apple music radio stations and a apple music membership is required

User uploaded file

Here is the link from the US membership: https://www.apple.com/music/membership/

Scroll down and you will see:

Notice with only apple id being signed in you can listen with limited skipping

User uploaded file

The work around is to point your apple ID to the US apple store via the settings and then you can listen with the limited skips.

Apple Music Radio not working. Get the error message: 'Unable to start station. There was a problem starting the station. Try again later'. Is it only for the US?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.