Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 8.4 ibooks all books disappeared

I updated to 8.4 and the latest itunes this evening June 30. After the update completed all my PDF books were gone from the ipad. Itunes on my Windows 8.1 computer had all the 151 PDF books available. When I select all books and apply, itunes starts to transfer to the ipad then quits after 3 or 4 books. Windows reports the new presences of an ipad and the itunes panel goes blank. Seems to be some issues with new itunes and or IOS 8.4,

As soon as I can get details where to find IOS 8.3 I am dumping this very buggy 8.4.

iPad Air Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 8

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 9:16 PM

3 replies

Jul 20, 2015 9:29 AM in response to Coil309

You might need to go back to the original thread(s) and review the recommendations for removing the iBooks processes and revertinG your iTunes version.

The keys, for me, were making sure the background processes were terminated (through Activity Monitor) and the background process apps were then deleted, that the iBooks app was deleted from my system, that I restarted the Mac, that I had restored iTunes to pre-12 state, and that I had a complete backup of my original iTunes Media folder that I could restore my data files from.

It sounds to me like those background processes are still running in your machine.

How to undo an iBooks conversion and revert back to iTunes

IOS 8.4 ibooks all books disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.