Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with Bootcamp installation?

As the title states, I'm having problems when installing Windows 7 via Bootcamp. The trouble occurs after I follow all of the steps. My MacBook reboots and gives me a black screen containing the text: "No bootable device -- please insert boot disk and press any key" or something to that extent. I have a windows 7 ISO file, so why am I seeing the above message? Also, I should note that I can't do anything to exit the screen except restart the system and boot into OSX by holding the option key. How can I fix this problem so I can install Windows? Thank you very much!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), 2012 non-retina MacBook Pro

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 11:38 PM

5 replies

Jul 4, 2015 8:47 PM in response to Loner T

Thank you, I was able to install it, but I ran into multiple problems now. First of all, bootcamp.exe completely vanished. It isn't even listed under the installed programs, so the drivers (although installed) don't work. The second problem is, the key that I entered activated just fine when I installed windows, but just tonight I got a message that the key wasn't valid. What can I do to fix these problems??

Jul 5, 2015 5:12 AM in response to tdm15mn

1. If you have the Bootcamp folder on the USB2, run setup.exe from this folder, and repair your BC drivers, which should add the Control Panel items including the Boot Camp tray icon.

2. You should be able to re-use the same key and reactivate it using "Activate Online". If that fails, call the Microsoft phone number which is an automated service which can help you fix the activation issue. You can have one main licenses copy and one backup copy using a Windows retail license. You can read the specific licensing terms on Microsoft's website.

Problems with Bootcamp installation?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.