Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Son's New IPod instant messaging my account. What setting do I change?

Greetings,

I recently bought my son a new iPod. He is 8, so I have restricted as much as I can on the iPod. He can't access certain controls or the iTunes store or certain apps. It is as locked down as I can make it.

One odd thing that happened recently is that my wife and I were text messaging on our iPhones and my son replied to one of the messages. He was getting the messages my wife was sending to me.

The only thing that I can think of is that since I set it up under my Apple account (my son does not have an Apple account) so that I can sync the unit on my computer, that it "thinks" it is in my possession.

Can someone help me determine what setting I need to change in order for my son to not eavesdrop on my text messages to reply to any messages I receive?

He has his own email account, Just not his own Apple iTunes account.

Thank you,

TPK

iPod - 5th generation-OTHER, iOS 8.4, Changing messaging settings

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 10:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 1:52 AM

See:

MacMost Now 653: Setting Up Multiple iOS Devices For Messages and FaceTime

You can also setup Family Sharing and create an Apple ID just for him and use Family Sharing to sharee purchased content

Family Sharing and Apple IDs for kids - Apple Support

http://www.apple.com/ios/ios8/family-sharing/

2 replies

Son's New IPod instant messaging my account. What setting do I change?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.