Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth devices not working after sleep mode

Hi all

I have a late 2013 iMac and I use a bluetooth keyboard and trackpad, as well as a Wacom tablet connected by USB.

I just updated to Yosemite 10.10.3 a couple of days ago. Since updating, if my computer goes in to sleep mode for a few hours the bluetooth devices don't reconnect upon waking. They're completely unresponsive.

The wacom tablet still works but I can't type my password in, so I have to restart the machine. When I restart, everything is fine.

I haven't disabled the password yet, but that's my next thought as a temp fix. I expect I'll have to reconnect the bluetooth devices in the settings which is fine temporarily, but I'd rather just have it fixed, of course.

Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks!

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 11:07 PM

2 replies

Aug 13, 2015 9:40 AM in response to Jonni_Isaacs

I have the same problem w/ my Apple Magic Mouse. Won't reconnect upon wake. I found a script online -- can't remember where now -- that you can run upon wake to reconnect the mouse. Works but it's a royal pain because the script is supposed to run upon wake but sometimes it doesn't, and when it does, it requires me to enter my login & pwd, and then it takes a couple of minutes.

Really regretting upgrading to Yosemite.

Bluetooth devices not working after sleep mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.