Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get home sharing in iOS 8.4?

Help - home sharing for music stopped on iOS 8.4?

Please let me know how to re-enable this important feature...

Regards,

Michael

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 11:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 2:16 AM

I just went back with downgrade to iOS 8.3 because of home sharing. i do not see deleting the option of home sharing as a feature - its a very big mistake of apple to do so. all the years long they talking about home sharing in their advertisings and now they killed it?

i just went back with this website - it worked very well and i am very happy to continue listening to my music on my server!

but i think if u want back to iOS 8.3 u have to hurry up

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2015/06/29/prepare-possible-ios-8-3-downgrade/

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2015 2:16 AM in response to vonderHorst

I just went back with downgrade to iOS 8.3 because of home sharing. i do not see deleting the option of home sharing as a feature - its a very big mistake of apple to do so. all the years long they talking about home sharing in their advertisings and now they killed it?

i just went back with this website - it worked very well and i am very happy to continue listening to my music on my server!

but i think if u want back to iOS 8.3 u have to hurry up

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2015/06/29/prepare-possible-ios-8-3-downgrade/

Jul 1, 2015 2:56 PM in response to vonderHorst

I had the same problem today with my new macbook. Homesharing is still there but somehow is turned off in the update. On mac and pc go to preferences under file for pc and under iTunes on mac. Then click sharing preferences on both computers and check share library on local network. This fixed my problem and took three advisors to figure it out. Hope this helps!

Jul 1, 2015 3:05 PM in response to RGOIV

Thank you for the reply. My Macbook and ATV are woking. I cannot access my music library on my devices as in the past. I can only access tv, movies, & videos. Please know I appreciate the help.

Peter Mac Boy (petermac87) did not like my comments and deleted the last chain. Guess you cannot have an opinion after spending thousands of dollars. I will be contacting Apple. I appreciate your time.

How to get home sharing in iOS 8.4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.