Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you set up a customised radio station in v.12.2?

I have not been able to figure out how to set up a custom Apple Music radio station in iTunes 12.2, with multiple artists as in previous iTunes version.

This would be a deal breaker for me if it is not available.

iMac

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 12:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 1:00 AM

Have found a way to add a station from an artist or song (right click with mouse on album cover etc.), but cannot seem to add other similar artists to station like we could with iTunes Radio. This is rather unintuitive, not at all like Apple.

25 replies

Jul 10, 2015 6:56 AM in response to ChrisWT314

...but you cannot create a station based on multiple artists. The best you can do is create a station based on ONE artist and then Apple tries to figure out what else you might like and adds that to the station. Like I said, sometimes I don't want Apple to think for me. I want to be able to specify a LIST of artists (not just one) and create a station based on those artists' work.

This seems like pretty basic functionality for a music streaming service to me.

Jul 10, 2015 2:42 PM in response to ChrisWT314

I'm a newbie to Mac. Got an older Macbook running Yosemite. When I type in an artist in search after selecting the radio tab it takes me to iTunes store. It seemed before 12.2 it was intuitive to create new radio stations based on an artist. I have tried right clicking on an album and get no option to create station based on artist, only copy link or open link. I am totally befuddled. Is it that NEW custom radio stations based on an artist or no longer available unless you subscribe?

Old Guy

Jul 31, 2015 3:44 PM in response to Marvin H.

You still can say "Play More Like This" or "Never Play This Song" to the song currently played just as in the old iTunes Radio. In the old version it was also not possible to add a song or artist explicitly, it was only possible to add songs the station played by itself. Feature wise this makes no difference to Apple Music, but we can't see the list of already liked songs and a manual way of entering a new one is strongly needed.

How do you set up a customised radio station in v.12.2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.